Undergoing surgery, regardless of how minor, is a serious healthcare decision. Being confident in both your diagnosis and surgical team is important. Take advantage of a second opinion from board-certified orthopedic surgeon Dr. Brian Waterman. A second opinion from Dr. Waterman can reinforce the proposed treatment plan or present you with alternative treatment options.
Most physicians welcome a second opinion from a respected peer. A good physician understands a patient’s right to be well-informed in order to understand their healthcare choices.
After reviewing your case history, MRIs and/or X-rays, Dr. Waterman can provide you with:
- Additional knowledge about your diagnosis
- Additional knowledge about treatment options
- Additional knowledge about the recovery and rehabilitation process
With this additional information, patients are encouraged to compare diagnosis and treatment plans between multiple physicians and confirm their decision for management.
How to schedule a second opinion
- Use BicMD to schedule a second opinion.
- Need assistance? Contact our office.
At a Glance
Dr. Brian Waterman, MD
- Chief & Fellowship Director, Sports Medicine, Wake Forest
- Team Physician, Wake Forest University, Chicago White Sox
- Military affiliation/Decorated military officer and surgeon
- Learn more